The Cronulla Sutherland Sharks Football Club are seeking a passionate Corporate Partnerships Executive to join their team. Reporting to the General Manager of Commercial, the Corporate Partnerships Executive is responsible for driving key commercial outcomes for the business including generating new corporate partnerships and hospitality sales, as well as delivering a high level of service to a dedicated list of partners/clients at varying levels, to successfully achieve clients', business and financial objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess sales and business development-based skills with excellent account management skills for multiple partners, with a proven understanding of how to measure and deliver a return on investment for the client. You must be tenacious in driving new business opportunities and grow the club's corporate network.
The successful candidate must possess influential and persuasive interpersonal and communication skills, work inter-departmentally and be well-presented with a passion for building long term relationships with clients. Due to the large number of stakeholders, exceptional time-management and organisational skills are essential, as is a solid knowledge of the sponsorship and/or corporate entertainment industry.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Identify, negotiate and manage new potential corporate partnerships and hospitality clients
- Identifying new inventory items to commercialise
- Sell new hospitality products to maximise capacity and commercial revenue opportunities associated with the transition;
- Build rapport and trust with partners/clients in order to effectively and professionally manage all communication between the Club and Partner/Client;
- Ensure activities are planned, documented, executed and measured in a timely and professional fashion, with the aim of fulfilment of the clients' benefits and additional requests;
- Manage partner requests and campaigns including match day activation and ticketing, Club events and all joint marketing activity;
- Sales and budget management including setting, monitoring of and reporting on partnership expenditure and revenue on across the department;
- Analysing sales figures and forecasting future leads, as well as interpreting trends to facilitate future planning;
- Work with internal departments to drive key outcomes across all business types;
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required
- Minimum of two years' experience in corporate sponsorship sales and hospitality, marketing or related business within the sports industry;
- Experience in leading a team focussed on business development growth and excellence in delivering on long term mutually beneficial partnerships;
- Experience in setting and tracking KPI’s in a B2B environment;
- Be sales driven in corporate hospitality and corporate partnerships;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of sponsorship industry;
- Strong creative instincts with the ability to identify and implement opportunities;
- Ability to adapt in team in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong understanding of market value and hard costings associated in corporate;
- A "can do" positive attitude;
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills;
- Attention to detail;
- High level of demonstrated initiative;
- Desire to deliver above the expected standard;
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written);
- Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook, Dynamics);
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced high pressure environment
- Tertiary qualification in business/marketing/communications or similar is preferred but not essential
- Due to the nature of the industry, the ideal candidate must be flexible in their availability as irregular hours and some weekend work will be required for this role, such as working at home games.
To apply, please send your Cover Letter addressing the above skills along with your current CV to us via the apply icon below for consideration.
Please note: due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.