Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the national governing body for football in Australia. It governs all national teams (including the Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas), the Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League, Foxtel Y-League, FFA Cup, National Premier Leagues and also leads state, community and grass roots football.
FFA is currently seeking a Digital Marketing Coordinator on a fixed term 12-month contract to join the Digital, Marketing & Commercial Department. As key members of the commercial, marketing and digital team, a critical success factor will be the ability to effectively promote FFA brands throughout the digital world and its communities – across our people, programs, events, and achievements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage and maintain website through CMS assuring pages, content and links are up to date and correct tags are in place for Search Engine Optimisation
- Perform day-to-day campaign activities including, but not limited to, EDM campaign copy writing, set-up/targeting, scheduling, testing, approval and continual optimisation of the EDM channel
- Data segmentation and customer targeting, ensuring that the relevant email lists are pulled for the relevant sends
- Assure all digital touchpoints (Football network, apps, social channels, web CMS and EDM) are updated with the latest and most relevant content and non-editorial content such as promo items
- Assist in the delivery of the digital marketing strategy including digital campaigns
- Manage digital conversion goals such as football account signups
- Coordinating activation of key events on the Football Network e.g. ticket promotions, Finals, grassroots registration season & special announcements
- Develop and manage tactical campaign plan and calendar for each of the FFA product sets
- Employ testing and tracking tools using A/B testing and leveraging services via Salesforce Marketing Cloud to improve results
- Ensure that scheduled email programs; birthday, re-engagement, football anniversary & welcome series are set up effectively and monitored for performance
- Internal stakeholders - Liaise with Media, Commercial and the wider Marketing and Digital content team to plan and execute digital marketing and EDM activity
- External stakeholders – Liaise with external agencies for content on our websites to plan and execute EDM activity
- Creative concept development and copywriting
- Brief creative team - Work with internal creative team member to create assets that will be used for the EDMs, web, app and social
- Track performance data from campaigns to measure success and incorporate learnings in future campaigns
- Provide regular reporting and insights to relevant stakeholders on campaign effectiveness
- App notification sends through Wander Push as requested
Knowledge, skills and behavior required
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Microsoft Office – in particular Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Experience in Google AdWords, Google Analytics and Facebook Business manager
- The ability to interpret data and derive actionable insights and recommendations
- Good knowledge of social media best practice, search engine marketing and search engine optimisation
- Good knowledge of HTML coding and Content Management Systems
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Creative copywriting and eye for strong, compelling creative
- High attention to detail, good time management and highly organised, with initiative
- Ability to work independently, while also functioning and contributing as part of a team
- The ability of the candidate to build and maintain strong relationships with marketing agencies, internal FFA staff, external FFA commercial partners, external FFA agencies/contractors, Member Federations and other National Federations will be a key driver in the future success of FFA events.
- Candidates must be clear thinking, calm under pressure and be able to demonstrate conflict resolution skills
- Football knowledge/fan preferred
FFA People & Culture
FFA’s staff culture is an evolving process of continuous improvement with a consistent passion across the business for growing the game to become Australia’s number 1 sport. FFA’s existing and incoming staff all need to align to the organsiation’s values - People, Collaboration, Integrity, Whole of Game, Unlimited Potential and Excellence. More recently there has been a conscious focus on improving flexibility and work life balance within FFA through the introduction of the FFA People & Work Approach. This allows individuals to develop informal work arrangements to suit their personal situations.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to email@example.com
Please be specific in the application which role you prefer by outlining in the email subject.
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.